We want all users to have a great experience on our website. If you are having difficulty understanding or navigating any part of the site, please give us a call at (509)502-8576 so we can assist you.
Butternut Squash Soup
A hearty soup to warm you up in the winter months.
- One small onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried majoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chilli powder
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- Pumpkin seeds
1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender. Add squash, chick broth, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
2. Puree squash and cream cheese using a hand blender until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.
Add pumpkin seeds for garnish